Wednesday 25 April 2012

Friends, flowers and florists


Oh my, it's been a long time since I put anything on here... So what's been happening in The Pink House?  Well, we had a lovely Easter in Dorset: the weather was kind to us, I caught up with an old school friend for a day out at Abbotsbury Farm and found time for a very fruitful 'grown-ups only' mooch about the vintage market in Bridport - I could have stayed there all day!  Unfortunately the weather has been so pants since then that I haven't managed to take any decent photographs of the two beautiful 1930s tea sets I bought :( 
Happily, when we came back the wisteria was out - how lovely is that?
My first attempt at using the new camera! Ooh... I like it :)
Lovely wired paper roses  
My website is looking SO gorgeous, thanks to the fabulous Vicky, I just need to find the time to edit my huge album of pictures down to a select few for the galleries and we're about done - will get it live soon, fingers crossed.  And my ideas for STP Photography's stand at the Earls Court Spirit of Summer exhibition are hatched - waiting for a totally gorgeous bookcase to arrive and some sunshine so we can paint the garden furniture cream!  Ah well, if it carries on raining it'll be Plan B and green.

Looking forward to decorating the house for my daughter's 13th Birthday Vintage Tea Party - must get that bunting finished! I went to a totally fantastic florists' wholesaler today to look for accessories and came back with an oh-so-pretty mannequin for table decorating - I had to resist the urge to buy half a dozen birdcages and most of the artificial flowers, they're just so wonderful nowadays, not like the dusty, plastic, apricot-coloured things of my grandmother's generation.

So that's about it for this post - I could ramble on for ever but the children want feeding... a bientôt mes amis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment