Thursday 25 April 2013

Drat

Drat, drat and double drat. I have totally failed to keep to my weekly post schedule and need to get three of them out by this weekend to catch up. Drat some more.
I did start a post about my daughters, but having rewritten it about 10 times and not being able to find the photos I wanted (thanks to one daughter 'kindly' moving everything off of the laptop onto the portable drive), I have given up on that idea - I couldn't finish it :(
So anyway, I asked my Talented Younger Artistic Daughter (aged 12) what she thought I should write about for D and she said "Dolls and Doillies". So here they are (minus the doillies):



I love this dolly, she doesn't have a name yet, any suggestions?

These adorable little 1940s wooden dolls live amongst my china, my children think they're creepy!
Peter in a tree
Millie and Olga

Joined by Jana. What are they all looking at?
Bratz. I find these really creepy - they have detachable feet. I have been trying to sort out all the feet so we can pass them on but still have several 'single' ones... so there will be a couple of them with odd feet of different ethnicities ;)





P.S. Because I do love my girls lots and lots and don't say it enough:
My eldest (14 in a couple of weeks) is very bright, has a beautiful singing voice, is amazing with technology (give her a gadget and she's an expert in an hour). taught herself to play the piano, is pretty grown up, thoughtful and responsible and of course, beautiful.
My younger daughter, fun, artistic (self-taught drawing skills, inate talent with layout and design, great eye for photography), clever, beautiful, affectionate, creative. Love you Lulu and Abi xxx
P.P.S. My boys - I'll dedicate some blog to you another day, you know I love you both too xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment